Order of Holy Church

Go down

Order of Holy Church

Post  Elodya on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 am

Yes, this is about that 'other' church guild.

Around 9pm a character called Pernila walked into the infermary with the guild name as stated to in the title. When I asked her if her guild had been discussed by the whole RP community, she said that she had talked to 2-3 members of our guild. I remember her speaking to me before when she asked to join and told her to wait untl there was someone available who could let her. Another problem is her being new to RP and her clear trouble with the English language, perhaps I'm being an elitist bastard here but I have doubts about this one.

Also, she clearly HAS the attention to RP properly so I guess we'll need someone to teach her the ropes.

Now shoot your comments (but try to keep clear of the crotch area)

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Order of Holy Church

Post  Elodya on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:38 am

So as most of you know I've tried to talk some sense into her. I started a guild The Stormwind Academy. It's an IC and OOC school to teach people new to RP the ropes. Dealing with this I probably won't be able to be very active but I'll try since I love this guild too much.

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarius Santana on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 am

i did speak with her, her problem is she is impatient and didn't fancy the wait for Avrak to return
Sarius Santana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elodya on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:05 am

Well crisis averted anyway, she's now in my guild: the stormwind academy. Btw i'll advertise here for it, I'll need some IC teachers to train medics for combat situations. Also mind that a lot of those students will be people new to rp as this is the setup for the guild

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewyllyn S. Ashington on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 pm

If people begin to make copies of guilds, it may be seen as a sign that the efforts of the copied guild is paying off. Wink

Also, good to hear that she has agreed to come under the wings of someone willing to teach RP basics. Heavens know that I sadly lack the patience for such. >_>
Ewyllyn S. Ashington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elodya on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Well I thought it about high time to get a guild for new RPers to learn the basics. Ofcourse I'll be dealing wit a lot of trolls. I'm also going to write some GHI books about roleplaying basics in the form of the 'for dummies' series. Btw the Academy is not only for noobs, you can just enter even though you're an experienced RPer. We'll have graduations, tests, events around Elwynn and perhaps even beyond if we're lucky.

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewyllyn S. Ashington on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:09 am

Sounds actually quite similar to a guild on Steamwheedle Cartel. I don't suppose you've been on SWC at some point? Wink
Ewyllyn S. Ashington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nila Duane on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:35 am

Eloyda, i might have a char that i can join the academy with, as teacher.

Nila Duane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elodya on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 am

Awesome. Send an ic application letter to hildebrandt. In it you'll have to clarify which subject and i'll see if it's still available.

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avrak Ragebow on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Elodya wrote:So as most of you know I've tried to talk some sense into her. I started a guild The Stormwind Academy. It's an IC and OOC school to teach people new to RP the ropes. Dealing with this I probably won't be able to be very active but I'll try since I love this guild too much.

This is fantastic news! Elodea you have my full support for this idea, I'm sure all of us would be happy to support a dedicated teaching guild. When I get back we can properly arrange the details for the IC and OOC structure, connections and other such things to get you properly Established and recognised on the server. We've been in need of a guild dedicated to teaching others in a dedicated manner- so you have my support 100%! And I can think of few better people to run such! Smile

Slight perturbed to hear that she wasn't recruited, though- was Caronwyn or anyone else with the details not available to deal with her? I had hoped to avoid any situations like this whilst I was away, but I see it has led to something we're in dire need of! Every cloud has a silver lining!
Avrak Ragebow
Admin

View user profile http://churchoflight.forumstopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elodya on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Surprisingly enough, this idea really has become accepted by the community. A lot of experienced roleplayers have joined as teachers and students alike. But apparently the person in who set this all in motion was probably someone either very young or, we'll say it in a mild manner, batshit insane. Yesterday I recieved screenshots from one of my officers of how she went totally berserk and started calling people nazi pigs, losers and other insulting names. When I asked the person who sent me these what the reasons for the outburst was (I trust her more than anyone else in the guild since she seems the most dedicated to it) she said it was for no reason she could think of, that it was totally random.

Then again, I won't mourn her leaving since I have about 12 students (most of them newbies) to take care of already. This means that I won't be RPing as Elodya anymore for a long while, because I really want to get her to max level and prepare her for MoP.

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caronwyn on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 am

I did go through an interview with her, but told her a decision would have to wait until you returned, as I needed to discuss it with you due to the doubts you had expressed earlier. She agreed to this - and established the abovementioned guild the night after.
Caronwyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avrak Ragebow on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 am

as I needed to discuss it with you due to the doubts you had expressed earlier.

Ah! I recall the RPer in question now quite well. She did seem slightly unstable in how she RPed when I was interviewing her, though a step like that seems quite outlandish! You made the right decision regarding her, Caro - and thank you Elodya for takining steps to create such a wonderful new concept (for this server, at least). If you ever need any help at any point, you need not look beyond us! Smile
Avrak Ragebow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allador on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 am

Avrak Ragebow wrote:
as I needed to discuss it with you due to the doubts you had expressed earlier.

Ah! I recall the RPer in question now quite well. She did seem slightly unstable in how she RPed when I was interviewing her, though a step like that seems quite outlandish! You made the right decision regarding her, Caro - and thank you Elodya for takining steps to create such a wonderful new concept (for this server, at least). If you ever need any help at any point, you need not look beyond us! Smile

Will you bugger off and enjoy your holiday? =P

Allador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elodya on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 am

Amen

Elodya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarius Santana on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 am

what they said
Sarius Santana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avrak Ragebow on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Eeeeeish! I see how it is! I just wanted to make sure you hadn't all torn yourselves appart in my absence! I see something did blow up though... Oh well, fine- I shall leave these forums in peace, in terms of posting, but don't think I won't check up on you all occasionally! A country with excellent Wi-fi and a smart phone makes for wonderful things!

Now, I'm off to a historic market in the beautiful city of Den Bosch!

Tooodles!
Avrak Ragebow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarius Santana on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 pm

dont worry everything is fine Twisted Evil
Sarius Santana

View user profile

Back to top Go down